- Name: Engine Performance II/Emission Control
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Automotive Mechanics
- Units (Credits): 4.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Automotive emission control systems. Preparation on current gas analyzers for the purpose of diagnosis and repair of specific emission devices. Prepares students for ASE certification.
II: Course Objectives
Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the five gas analyzer, sensor waveform patterns, and the difference between good and bad patterns.
III: Course Linkage
This is a required course in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.
Scheduled AUTO-227 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading