- Name: Microsoft Networking II
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Computer Information Technology
- Units (Credits): 3.00 - 5.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Through lectures, discussions, demonstrations, textbook study and hands-on lab exercises, teaches the basic skills and knowledge necessary to implement, administer and maintain the current Microsoft Windows Server Operation System.
II: Course Objectives
Covers core B Operating Systems. Prepares the student to prove their expertise with desktop, server, and networking components. The course consists of the required areas of study mandated by Microsoft to complete the MCSE core requirements.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Install or upgrade to Windows XP
- Configure the Windows XP environment.
- Connect clients running Windows XP to networks.
- Create and manage user accounts.
- Manage access to resources by using groups
- Manage data by using the NTFS file systems.
- Provide network access to file resources.
- Monitor and optimize performance in Windows XP.
- Implement security in Windows XP
- Configure printing.
- Implement disaster protection.
- Install and configure terminal services.
- Implement Windows XP clients.
- Implement Windows XP servers
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills Western Nevada College’s Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that successful students:
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Are able to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Understand the theoretical principles behind creating and maintaining a professional level Web site.
- Use current software to create, publish, and maintain a professional level Web site.
- Apply techniques appropriate to their specialty in the operation of a Web site.
Scheduled CIT-212 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading