- Name: Special Topics in Communication
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Communication
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Investigates a special topic or technique of speech communication.
II: Course Objectives
Course objectives vary according to particular topics. COM 299 is designed for in-depth study of focused subjects.
III: Course Linkage
Once approved by the appropriate committee, the specific offering of Special Topics in Communication can be used for all degrees and certificates at WNC. It is most strongly linked to the missions for general education and the two primary transfer degrees: AA and AS.
This course fulfills Western Nevada College’s Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that successful students:
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Are able to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Understand the theoretical principles behind creating and maintaining a professional level Web site.
- Use current software to create, publish, and maintain a professional level Web site.
- Apply techniques appropriate to their specialty in the operation of a Web site.
Scheduled COM-299 classes:
There are currently no COM-299 classes scheduled for this term.