- Name: Principles Of Construction Estimating
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Construction
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisite: CONS 120 and CONS 216
Presents basic criteria and procedure for estimating labor and material in residential and commercial applications.
II: Course Objectives
Introduction to the fundamental principles and practices common to the construction industry.
Provide exposure to common software.
III: Course Linkage
This course is a required in the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Construction Technology, Construction Project Management, and may be used to fulfill the requirement in a partnership program for a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Construction Science.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Construction Technology, Construction Project Management is to provide management training that addresses topics of critical importance to subcontractors, general contractors, superintendents and project managers.
This course fulfills Western Nevada College’s Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that successful students:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the construction industry.
- Possess the skills necessary to perform essential tasks within the construction industry.
- Can effectively use the communication and computational skills necessary for the construction industry.
- Are able to utilize all available resources in order to remain current in the construction industry.
- Develop an appreciation of the importance of social, ethical, legal and diversity issues.
Scheduled CONS-121 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading