- Name: Ccna Internetworking Fundamentals
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Cisco Technologies
- Units (Credits): 4.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and other computer networks. Uses the OSI and TCP layered models to examine the nature and roles of protocols and services at the application, network, data link, and physical layers. Principles and structure of IP addressing and the fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations are introduced.
II: Course Objectives
Initiates a four-semester program on the principles and practices of desigining, building and maintaining networks capable of supporting national and global organizations. The Networking Academy features hands-on, project-driven training in high demand job skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will have a better understanding of:
- Networking terminology, devices and protocols
- IP addressing and subnetting
- Ethernet standards
- Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model
- Design and documentation of a basic network
III: Course Linkage
This course supports the Netwroking Technology emphasis by providing up-to-date training in the management of information resources, including computer and networking operations, infrastructure, and information security and addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the competencies required to successfully pass information technology certification exams.
Scheduled CSCO-120 classes:
There are currently no CSCO-120 classes scheduled for this term.