- Name: Fundamentals of Wireless Lans
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Cisco Technologies
- Units (Credits): 4.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces wireless LAN concepts and focuses on the design, planning, implementation, operation and troubleshooting of wireless networks. Covers a comprehensive overview of technologies, security and design best practices with particular emphasis on hands-on skills.
II: Course Objectives
Fundamentals of Wireless LANs is an introductory course that will focus on the design, planning, implementation, operation and troubleshooting of wireless networks. It covers a comprehensive overview of technologies, security, and design best practices with particular emphasis on hands-on skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will have a better understanding of:
- Wireless LAN setup & troubleshooting
- 802.11a & 802.11b technologies, products and solutions
- Site Surveys
- Resilient WLAN design, installation and configuration
- WLAN Security – 802.1x, EAP, LEAP, WEP, SSID
- Vendor interoperability strategies
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the competencies required to successfully pass information technology certification exams.
Scheduled CSCO-130 classes:
There are currently no CSCO-130 classes scheduled for this term.