- Name: Ccna Lan Switch Wireless
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Cisco Technologies
- Units (Credits): 4.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Covers an in-depth understanding of how switches operate and are implemented in the LAN environment for small and large networks. Beginning with a foundational overview of Ethernet, provides detailed explanations of LAN switch operation, VLAN implementation, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), Inter-VLAN routing, and wireless network operations. Students analyze, configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs, RSTP, VTP, and wireless networks. Campus network design and Layer 3 switching concepts are introduced.
II: Course Objectives
Provides the third course of a four-semester program on the principles and practices of designing, building and maintaining networks capable of supporting national and global organizations. The Network Academy features hands-on, projet-driven training in high demand job skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will have a better understanding of:
- Classless Routing
- Link state routing (single area OSPF)
- Switching and VLANs
- Spanning Tree protocol (STP)
III: Course Linkage
This course supports the Netwroking Technology emphasis by providing up-to-date training in the management of information resources, including computer and networking operations, infrastructure, and information security and addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the competencies required to successfully pass information technology certification exams.
Scheduled CSCO-220 classes:
There are currently no CSCO-220 classes scheduled for this term.