- Name: Ccna Wan Fundamentals
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Cisco Technologies
- Units (Credits): 4.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: CSCO121 & CSCO220
Explains the principles of traffic control and access control lists (ACLs) and provides an overview of the services and protocols at the data link layer for wide-area access. Students learn how to implement and configure Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE), DSL, and Frame Relay. WAN security concepts, tunneling, and VPN basics are also introduced.
II: Course Objectives
Completes a four-semester program on the principles and practices of designing, building and maintaining networks capable of supporting national and global organizations. The Networking Academy features hands-on, project-driven training in high demand job skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will have a better understanding of:
- WAN technologies
- Point to Point Protocol (PPP)
- ISDN and DDR
- Frame Relay
III: Course Linkage
This course supports the Netwroking Technology emphasis by providing up-to-date training in the management of information resources, including computer and networking operations, infrastructure, and information security and addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the competencies required to successfully pass information technology certification exams.
Scheduled CSCO-221 classes:
There are currently no CSCO-221 classes scheduled for this term.