- Name: Ccnp Secure Convg Wide Nt
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Cisco Technologies
- Units (Credits): 4.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: CSCO221 or CCNA Certification
Prepares students with the knowledge and skills necessary to secure and expand the reach of an enterprise network to teleworkers and remote sites with focus on securing remote access and VPN client configuration. Covers topics on the Cisco hierarchical network model as it pertains to the WAN, teleworker configuration and access, frame mode MPLS, site-to-site IPSEC VPN, Cisco EZVPN, strategies used to mitigate network attacks, Cisco device hardening and IOS firewall features. Recommended preparation for the Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks exam required to become a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
II: Course Objectives
This course teaches students the fundamentals of remote access connectivity. Students install, configure, moniter and troubleshoot Cisco ISDN and Dial-Up access products and further refine their understanding of PPP, ISDN, Frame-Relay and AAA Security. Hands-on lab exercises allow the learner to practice configuration and troubleshooting knowledge and to acquire the skills necessary to configure these protocols in working networks.
Students who successfully complete this course will have a better understanding of:
- Modems and Dial-Up
- ISDN, DDR, and Dialers
- Frame Relay
- Queuing and Compression
III: Course Linkage
This course supports the Networking Technology emphasis by providing up-to-date training in the management of information resources, including computer and networking operations, infrastructure, and information security by addressesing the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the competencies required to successfully pass information technology certification exams.
Scheduled CSCO-281 classes:
There are currently no CSCO-281 classes scheduled for this term.