- Name: Intermediate Hip-Hop Dance
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Dance
- Units (Credits): 1.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Teaches intermediate techniques of hip-hop dance. May be repeated for up to 4 credits.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Use intermediate level terminology.
- Perform complex dance combinations with proper body positioning.
- Be able to choreograph longer dance routines using the hip hop idiom.
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.
Scheduled DAN-260 classes:
There are currently no DAN-260 classes scheduled for this term.