- Name: Nevada School Law
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Education
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Identifies legal issues in education and illustrates the implications of laws/mandates in the schools. Guidelines for teachers will provide information on avoiding situations that may lead to litigations. Concepts covered include teacher liability, teacher/student right to free speech and privacy, and accommodations for religious practices and students with disabilities.
II: Course Objectives
The successful student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss issues/trends in education laws
- Interpret basic school scenarios for legal implications
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to function in a highly regulated system.
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.
Scheduled EDU-210 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading