- Name: Principles of Pharmacology/Medication Administration & Venous Access for the Paramedic
- Division: Nursing and Allied Health
- Discipline: Emergency Medical Services
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisite: Admission to the Paramedicine Program.
Prepares Paramedic students to understand and be able to integrate the principles of pathophysiological pharmacology and the assessment findings to formulate a field impression and implement a pharmacologic management plan for patients in the prehosptial environment. Introduces the Paramedic student to venous access, IO access, medication administration and drug calculations that will be used in treating patients in the prehosptial environment.
Scheduled EMS-206 classes:
There are currently no EMS-206 classes scheduled for this term.