- Name: Principles of Cardiology for the Paramedic
- Division: Nursing and Allied Health
- Discipline: Emergency Medical Services
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisite: Admission to the Paramedicine Program.
Prepares the Paramedic student to identify single and multi-lead cardiac rhythms and treat those rhythms considered to be life-threatening with electrical therapy. Teaches skills including defibrillation, cardioversion, and cardiac rhythm interpretation. Prepares the student to assess, manage, and treat various cardiovascular emergencies that includes ventricular fibrillation, bradycardia, tachycardia, myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock, pulmonary edema, angina pectoris, congestive heart failure, hypertension, PEA (pulseless electrical activity), and asystole.
Scheduled EMS-210 classes:
There are currently no EMS-210 classes scheduled for this term.