- Name: Introduction to Engineering Design
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Engineering
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Provides overview of engineering practice and exposure to the environment which engineers generally work in. Students will have the opportunity to begin developing information retrieval, technical and interpersonal skills that can be used throughout their educational programs and subsequent careers.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of key concepts and principles that apply to the engineering design process. (GE 1)
- Write and present a technical report. (GE 2)
- Use critical thinking and creativity to select and apply software tools to solve basic engineering problems. (GE 6)
- Identify the skills and characteristics required for good teamwork and of a team leader.
Scheduled ENGR-100 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading