- Name: Home Technology Convergence
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Electronics Technology
- Units (Credits): 4.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Introduction to the components and technologies that make up the "Smart Home". The convergence of home entertainment audio/visual equipment, surveillance and security systems, computer networks, and telecommunications will be taught in both theory and application. Students will build, configure and install cables, wallplates, jacks, control modules and equipment to bring alive the multiple technologies commonly used in a home or small office environment.
II: Course Objectives
Enable student to acquire knowledge in the area of low voltage cabling and the integration of home automation subsystems.
Provide student with opportunities to gain hands on experience and solidify their understanding of theory with actual installations and troubleshooting exercises.
III: Course Linkage
This course is a core requirement for an Associate of Applied Science degree in Information Technology with an emphasis in Convergence Technology.The mission of the A.A.S. degree is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.
Scheduled ET-155 classes:
There are currently no ET-155 classes scheduled for this term.