- Name: Geology of Lava Beds National Monument
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Geology
- Units (Credits): 1.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Provides a general field experience in geology for students with little or no earth science background. Teaches the basics of rock identification, landform analysis and identification, and interpretation of modern and ancient geologic events through field study of Lava Beds National Monument.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of the course, the successful student will have:
1) Gained factual knowledge about the Geology of Lava Beds National Monument, including rocks and minerals, and geologic history of the park.
2) Learned fundamental principles, generalizations or theories in relation with the Geology of Lava Beds National Monument, including plate tectonics and geologic time.
III: Course Linkage
This course is not transferable and addresses the mission of the college and the mission of the division in the following manner.
Western Nevada College inspires success in our community through opportunities that cultivate creativity, intellectual growth and technological excellence, in an environment that nurtures individual potential and respects differences. More specifically, Geol 114B addresses the third goal of the college’s mission:
- Embrace our college’s many communities and respond to their diverse needs.
: Geol 114B addresses the fourth goal of the SME division mission:
- To provide students with opportunities for personal enrichment.
Scheduled GEOL-114 classes:
There are currently no GEOL-114 classes scheduled for this term.