- Name: Special Topics: Geology
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Geology
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 5.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Provides a study of selected topics in geology for students with little or no earth science background. Can include field experiences.
II: Course Objectives
Specific course objectives will vary from topic to topic. Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have:
1)Gained factual knowledge about geology.
2)Learned fundamental principles, generalizations or theories in geology.
III: Course Linkage
This course is not transferable and addresses the mission of the college and the mission of the division in the following manner.
Western Nevada College inspires success in our community through opportunities that cultivate creativity, intellectual growth and technological excellence, in an environment that nurtures individual potential and respects differences. More specifically, Geol 299B addresses the third goal of the college’s mission:
- Embrace our college’s many communities and respond to their diverse needs.
Geol 299B addresses the fourth goal of the SME division mission:
- To provide students with opportunities for personal enrichment.
Scheduled GEOL-299 classes:
There are currently no GEOL-299 classes scheduled for this term.