- Name: Internship in Graphic Communications
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Graphic Communications
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 6.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisite: Completion of 21 units of GRC classes and consent of instructor.
Provides supervised work experience within a selected graphic communications business, dependent upon student's selected major emphasis. Designed to apply knowledge to real on-the-job situations in a program designed by a company official and a faculty advisor. Available to students entering their last semester of instruction for the Graphic Communications associate degree. Contact department advisor for application, screening and required skills evaluation.
II: Course Objectives
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to either the specific general education (GE) learning outcome or the Institutional Student Learning Outcome (ISLO) that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to either general education or institutional student learning outcomes.
Upon successful course completion, the student will have demonstrated they can:
- Apply terminology, concepts, principles, and practices from the range of topics important to graphic design (ISLO1) (GE1)
- Implement design principles, build projects, and operate design software on the job (ISLO7)
- Apply knowledge and skills and demonstrate competency in the work environment (ISLO6) (GE6)
Scheduled GRC-290 classes:
There are currently no GRC-290 classes scheduled for this term.