- Name: Pre Algebra
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Mathematics
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- Financial Aid will not pay for this course.
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: MATH91 or equivalent or consent of instructor
Prepares students for MATH 95. Helps students who have experienced difficulties with math to get an introduction to the language and concepts of algebra. Provides a transition from self-paced, basic math to the quick pace required in MATH 95.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, successful students should be able to work with the following:
- Prime and composite numbers
- Properties of and operations on signed numbers
- Linear equations
- Ratios, Rates and Proportions
- Solving applied problems
- Rectangular Coordinate System
- Graphing Linear equations
- Square Roots and Pythagorean Theorem
III: Course Linkage
Although Math 93 does not fulfill any general education or degree program requirements, it will assist students toward developing appropriate college-level mathematical skills and problem solving skills.
Scheduled MATH-93 classes:
There are currently no MATH-93 classes scheduled for this term.