- Name: Managing Cultural Diversity
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Management Science
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: Admission to the Construction Management program OR consent of Division Director.
Provides an understanding of cultural diversity by studying the U.S. workforce. Emphasizes cultural differences in the workplace, valuing diversity, managing diversity in the workplace, and giving competitive advantages.
II: Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should/should be able to:
- Discuss diversity and explain its importance in the emerging economy.
- Understand what internal factors contribute to conflict in diverse environments.
- Identify how to thrive in a diverse environment.
- Discuss the elements of managing the organizational culture.
- Understand the advantages of having a diverse workforce.
- Understand the strategies for promoting diversity in organizations.
- Identify the principal areas of cultural differences.
III: Course Linkage
MGT 469–Managing Cultural Diversity meets a requirement of the BTech Program.
MGT 469 promotes the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication that are at a level appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Develop solid problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Posses effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
Scheduled MGT-469 classes:
There are currently no MGT-469 classes scheduled for this term.