- Name: Introduction to Retailing
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Marketing
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Studies an overview of retail merchandising, including buying, pricing, selling, advertising, sales promotion and display principles.
II: Course Objectives
Studies an overview of retail merchandising, including buying, pricing, selling, advertising, sales promotion, and display principles.
- Review the nature and scope of retailing.
- Explain the importance of planning and effective management in retail organizations.
- Review the effects of the external environment on retailing, including the legal and ethical impacts on the retailer.
- Discuss the importance of evaluating the behavior of competitors and developing effective competitive strategies.
- Examine the retailer’s need to analyze and understand the activities of the supply chain.
- Review the impact of pricing policies and strategies on the retail business.
- Focus on the role of advertising, sales promotion, and publicity in the operation of a retail business.
- Discuss the role of proper store layout and design in creating a successful retail store.
- Stress the importance of people resources and effective customer service in the retail industry.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement of the following: AAS- Management Emphasis, and Retail Management Certificate of Achievement
MKT 127 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students will:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and personal skills essential for success within the current business environment.
Scheduled MKT-127 classes:
There are currently no MKT-127 classes scheduled for this term.