- Name: Marketing Principles
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Marketing
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Covers the problems of manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers in the marketing of goods and services. Students will develop a plan applying the marketing principles.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, students will develop a plan towards applying the marketing principles of:
- Use strategic planning and the marketing process in understanding specific marketing environments.
- Determine market segmentation for targeting and positioning the product.
- Research information for a new product idea.
- Prepare a group project for cost, pricing, distribution, and promotion of a product.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement of the following: AAS- Management Emphasis, and Retail Management Certificate of Achievement
MKT 210 (Marketing Principles) addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students will:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and personal skills essential for success within the current business environment.
Scheduled MKT-210 classes:
There are currently no MKT-210 classes scheduled for this term.