- Name: Introduction to Advertising
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Marketing
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisite: BUS 101 and MKT 210 or consent of instructor
Presents methods and techniques in modern advertising, giving information to do the entire advertising job.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Set goals and develop ideas for advertising opportunities.
- Determine marketing mix and develop advertising strategy.
- Research information for advertising planning.
- Devise practical marketing, promotion, sales ideas, and methods.
- Produce ads for print, electronic, and digital media.
- Prepare a group project for an advertising plan for a new product plan.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement of the following: AAS- Management Emphasis.
MKT 262 promotes the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication that are at a level appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Develop solid problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Posses effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
Scheduled MKT-262 classes:
There are currently no MKT-262 classes scheduled for this term.