- Name: Machine Shop II
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Expands skills introduced in MTT 105B to an intermediate level and introduces further skills which include vertical mill, drill sharpening, speed feeds and some production methods.
II: Course Objectives
After successful completion of this course, the student will have the basic skills necessary to:
- Check, setup, and operate a vertical milling machine
- Use proper cutting tools, operating speeds and feed rates on milling machine for different types of materials
- Setup and operate a surface grinder
- Selecting and checking proper wheel configuration for surface grinder
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-110 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading