- Name: Computer Numerical Control II
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 4.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisite: MTT 230 or consent of instructor.
Provides a continuation of MTT 230. Offers the student additional practical experience for development of skills with additional information and exposure to more complex applications of programming, mirror imaging, polar coordinates, tool compensation, threading and computer integrated manufacturing. Includes 3 hours lecture, 3 hours lab per week.
II: Course Objectives
After successful completion of this course, the student will have the experience in using BOBCAD 20 (a popular design and cutting tool path software) to design a profile and than creating a tool path that is used to create a program by the computer. (Post processing). This is the latest version offered by BOBCAD the student will download the program to the CNC machine and run the program.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-232 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading