- Name: Machine Shop III
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: MTT110 & DFT110 or consent of instructor
Expands skills introduced in MTT 105 and MTT 110 to a more advanced level by developing projects that emphasize tolerances, plan of procedure and blueprint reading. Introduces further skills for surface grinding and tool and cutter grinding.
II: Course Objectives
After successful completion of this course, the student will have extended their skills, using the vertical milling machine, surface grinder; and engine lathe to produce a precision piece of equipment used by machinists in Machine shop environment.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-250 classes:
There are currently no MTT-250 classes scheduled for this term.