- Name: Machine Shop IV
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: MTT 250 or consent of instructor
Concentrates on areas of interest leading to design of an advanced project emphasizing skills learned in MTT 105, MTT 110 and MTT 250.
II: Course Objectives
After successful completion of this course, the student will have extended their skills, using the vertical milling machine, surface grinder; and engine lathe to produce a precision piece of equipment used by machinists in Machine shop environment.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-260 classes:
There are currently no MTT-260 classes scheduled for this term.