- Name: Machine Projects
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 6.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: consent of instructor
Permits students to work on special projects of their own choosing and/or explore areas of special interest under the direction of a college instructor.
II: Course Objectives
The student is allowed to freelance with their own project plans (instructor’s approval is needed) or they may continue developing their machining skills by working on various machine shop projects for practice.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-261 classes:
There are currently no MTT-261 classes scheduled for this term.