- Name: Cnc Practice
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Machine Tool Technology
- Units (Credits): 2.00 - 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Develops computer aided manufacturing skills with hands on instruction on how to design and prepare manufacture parts using state of the art CAD/CAM software. Safety and clean up are stressed.
II: Course Objectives
The student is encouraged to practice all phases of the Computer Numerical Control program. Whether it be setup and operation or writing the program itself. This course is a necessity for the successful completion of both computer numerical control courses.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a Degree Requirement for the Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied science Degree and Certificate of Achievement is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will:
- Know the proper safety and work etiquette that is appropriate for a Machine Shop environment.
- Be able to perform various types of machining operations and techniques.
- Will make progress with reaching their performance goals, whether they are for personal or professional development.
Scheduled MTT-291 classes:
There are currently no MTT-291 classes scheduled for this term.