I. Catalog Course Description
Teaches fundamentals of tone production, breath control and practical techniques involved in reading and interpreting songs.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Breathe correctly
- Sing using chest, mix, and head voice
- Use correct posture for singing
- Pronounce consonants and vowels correctly
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events
Scheduled MUS-103 classes:
There are currently no MUS-103 classes scheduled for this term.