I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: MUS107 or consent of instructor
Continues development of skills learned in MUS 107.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with an accuracy of 75%:
- Play intermediate music in ensemble with other instruments.
- Change positions on bar chords.
- Perform pull-offs and hammer-ons with 16th notes
- Play alternating bass patterns as chords and arpeggios
- Read box chords.
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events
Scheduled MUS-108 classes:
There are currently no MUS-108 classes scheduled for this term.