I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces the piano, including instruction in note reading, technique, theory and easy repertoire. Students work in a laboratory setting, each using their own electronic piano.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Be able to read music in three major keys: C,F,G
- Know how to play two octave major scales in the key of C
- Play I, IV, V7 keyboard harmony chords in C,F,G
- Coordinate melodies with I,IV, and V7 harmonies.
- Use the damper pedal
- Identify intervals by number
- Create major scales starting on any note of the piano
- Identify and write sharp and flat major key signatures
- Perform rhythms using whole, dotted half, half, dotted quarter, quarter, dotted eighth, eighth and sixteenth notes.
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events
Scheduled MUS-111 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading