I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: MUS111 or consent of instructor
Provides a continuation of MUS 111, a class in basic piano technique and theory.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Be able to read music in three additional major keys: D, E and A.
- Know how to play two octave major scales in the keys of C, G, and D
- Use legato pedalling technique.
- Create minor scales
- Identify harmonic, melodic and natural minor in compositions
- Convert from major to parallel or relative minors
- Create major, minor, augmented, diminished triads
- Create major, minor, dominant, diminished 7th chords
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
Scheduled MUS-112 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading