I. Catalog Course Description
Analyzes styles and forms of music from the Middle Ages through the 20th century, and discusses musical instruments and major composers.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
By the completion of the class, the students should, with an accuracy of 75%:
- Identify the representative forms, styles and major composers from all of the eras of music history. (GE 1)
- Describe approaches in musical style that correspond to trends in art and literature (GE 1, 6)
- Use critical thinking to aurally identify music by era. (GE 6)
- Basic elements of music
- Music through the Middle Ages
- Renaissance Music
- Baroque Music
- Classical Music
- Romantic Music
- Music of the 20th Century, including neo-classical, jazz, rock, musical theater and avant-garde
Scheduled MUS-121 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading