- Name: Musical Theatre Practicum I
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Music
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Performance ensemble, centered on public performance of musical theatre literature. Repeatable up to 9 units.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
By the completion of the class, the students should, with an accuracy of 75%:
- Interpret direction that uses theatrical terminology (GE 1)
- Perform the songs for their character, using appropriate vocal style (belting, character voice or classical delivery) and diction (GE 1)
- Perform the choreography necessary for their character (GE 1)
- Analyze the character they are portraying and develop the appropriate posture, tone and facial expression to express that role (GE 1)
- Use the songs and dances to interpret the story and dramatize the characters, as part of their investigation of an integrated musical. (GE 1)
- Apply their understanding of the culture and history of the work to the development of their characters. (GE 6)
Scheduled MUS-176 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading