I. Catalog Course Description
Offers a practical course in composing pop music. Analysis of hit songs and discussion of songs written by the class. Each student will compose melodies and lyrics, helping the poet with music and the musician with poetry.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, within an accuracy of 75%:
- Write lyrics
- Create different song forms
- Create accurate rhythms
- Write melodies
- Write supporting harmonies
- Design instrumentation for their composition
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events
Scheduled MUS-215 classes:
There are currently no MUS-215 classes scheduled for this term.