I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces the techniques of jazz improvisation in a laboratory setting.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the course, students should be able, with 75% accuracy, to:
- Improvise in a variety of styles, showing an understanding of harmonic principles.
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events
Scheduled MUS-253 classes:
There are currently no MUS-253 classes scheduled for this term.