I. Catalog Course Description
Provides individual instruction in the technique and repertoire of drum set. Class may be repeated for a total of four credits. Fee covers cost of 14 half-hour private lessons.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, wiht an accuracy of 75%:
- Read music for drum set
- Correctly interpret rhythms, including syncopations
- Use correct hand and arm position
- Play multiple stroke rolls
- Perform lower-division repertoire for the drum set
- Play in ensemble with other instruments
- Play in multiple idioms, including rock, jazz and Latin
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events
Scheduled MUSA-109 classes:
There are currently no MUSA-109 classes scheduled for this term.