I. Catalog Course Description
Provides individual instruction in the technique and repertoire of the guitar. Class may be repeated for a total of four credits. Fee covers cost of 14 half-hour private lessons.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with an accuracy of 75%:
- Read music for guitar
- Correctly interpret rhythms
- Pick melodies and combine them with chords
- Perform lower-division repertoire for the guitar
- Play in ensemble with other instruments
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for a musical theater degree
- Can succeed at their transfer institutions
- Posses an understanding of the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world
- Obtain a working knowledge of the fine arts or performing arts.
- Develop their personal creative capabilities
- Appreciate the unique role that the fine arts and humanities have in the development of cultural values
- Desire to participate in cultural or artistic events
Scheduled MUSA-115 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading