I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: BIOL 190 and 190L with a grade of C or better or CHEM 121 with a grade of C or better
Studies nutrient functions and basis for nutrient requirements at the cellular level. Three hours lecture.
II: Course Objectives
Nutrient functions and basis for nutrient requirements at the cellular level.
- Gained factual knowledge (terminology, classifications, methods, trends) about Principles of Nutrition.
- Learned fundamental principles, generalizations, or theories of Principles of Nutrition.
- Learned to apply course material (to improve thinking, problem-solving, and decisions) in Principles of Nutrition.
- Developed specific skills, competencies and points of view needed by professionals in the field most closely related to Principles of Nutrition.
- Acquired an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers about Principles of Nutrition.
III: Course Linkage
General Education Mission:
NUTR 223 is NOT a general education course.
A.S. Biological Sciences Emphasis Program Mission:
NUTR 223 does not fulfill any A.S. Program requirement at WNC.
Science, Mathematics and Engineering Division Mission:
Students completing NUTR 223 will be prepared to transfer to 4-year colleges and study more advanced coursework in Nutrition.
Scheduled NUTR-223 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading