- Name: Yoga
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Recreation & Physical Ed
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 2.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Covers asana postures with emphasis on alignment and working with modifications for students who have injuries and need to adjust their postures. Breathing, meditation, and chanting incorporated. Presents the benefits, history and different styles and types of yoga.
II: Course Objectives
Students who complete class at WNC are able to demonstrate appropriate:
- Physical flexibility with learning many variations of postures
- Breathing/meditation techniques for calming, centering, and grounding
- Become familiar with the many styles and beliefs of Yoga
- Expand knowledge of the various areas of wisdom associated with yoga
III: Course Linkage
Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
Scheduled PEX-169 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading