- Name: Strength Training
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Recreation & Physical Ed
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 2.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces resistance training and proper lifting techniques to strength (weight)training students. Safety rules, proper use of equipment and concepts of lifting will be emphasized.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the principles of intensity, duration, and frequency of exercise and their effects on strength.
- Develop proper strength training techniques as they relate to grip, posture, pace, breathing and range of motion.
- Understand the long-term benefits of strength training as they relate to body composition, metabolism, bone density and strength maintenance.
The overall goal for each student is to personally improve in the areas of their own flexibility, body composition, upper and lower body strength, and performance.
Scheduled PEX-180 classes:
There are currently no PEX-180 classes scheduled for this term.