- Name: Survey of State & Local Government
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Political Science
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisite: None. Recommended: Completion or corequisite of ENG 101 or eligibility to enroll in ENG 101.
Surveys the the organization, working principles and functional processes of state and local governments in the United States, including Nevada. Satisfies the Nevada Constitution requirement.
II: Course Objectives
- Gain factual knowledge about state and local governments in the U.S.
- Learn fundamental principles, generalizations, and theories about the processes of state and local governments in the U.S.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
Students who complete this course are expected to demonstrate they:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing and oral communication to a level that is appropriate for their degree and/or emphasis.
- Can utilize problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Know the basic operating principles and processes of government at the local, state, national and international levels.
- Understand and apply the principles of social science, including participation in civic affairs.
Scheduled PSC-208 classes:
There are currently no PSC-208 classes scheduled for this term.