I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: SOC101 or consent of instructor
Acquaints students with selected social problems, their causes and possible solutions.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Gain factual sociological data about topical social problem.
- Learn causal factors of specific problems.
- Learn various solutions proposed to address problems.
III: Course Linkage
General Education Program Outcomes
Students in SOC 102 are expected to show that they are making progress toward meeting five of the General Education Requirement Student Learning Objectives below by demonstrating that they:
- Have college level reading, writing, and oral communications skills.
- Are able to understand and apply the methods of science.
- Can comprehend and apply the basic social science principles.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Appreciate the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in social psychology.
Scheduled SOC-102 classes:
There are currently no SOC-102 classes scheduled for this term.