- Name: Conversational Spanish II
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Spanish
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: SPAN101B or consent of instructor
Offers a second semester of Conversational Spanish designed to continue and improve the skills learned in the first semester.
II: Course Objectives
SPAN 102B, the second semester of a four-semester sequence, is designed to help students acquire beginning communication skills within a culturally significant context. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Communicate orally using basic Spanish to ask and answer questions using high-frequency vocabulary, the use of cognates and basic grammar
- Understand some Spanish spoken slower than normal pace and develop skills and coping strategies for filling in the gaps.
- Gain cultural knowledge and awareness about the areas of the world in which Spanish is spoken.
III: Course Linkage
General Education Program Outcomes
Students in SPAN 102 are expected to show that they are making progress toward meeting five of the General Education Requirement Student Learning Objectives below by demonstrating that they:
- Have college level reading, writing, and oral communications skills.
- Can comprehend and apply the basic social science principles.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Appreciate the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in social psychology.
Scheduled SPAN-102 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading