- Name: Musical Theatre Workshop I
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Theater Arts
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 8.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Features performance of musical theatre productions. May be repeated to a maximum of eight credits. Same as MUS 176.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with an accuracy of 75%:
- Perform dance steps and songs in the role in which they are cast
- Describe the work they are performing in relation to other works written during this time.
- Use basic theatrical terminology.
- Discuss character and plot development of the work studied.
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives in which the successful student will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for their degree emphasis.
- Will be able to succeed at their transfer institutions.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
- Appreciate the significance of the fine arts and performing arts.
- Are able to develop their personal creative capabilities.
- Can recognize the unique role of the fine arts and humanities in the development of cultural values.
Scheduled THTR-176 classes:
There are currently no THTR-176 classes scheduled for this term.