- Name: Theatre Practicum
- Division: Liberal Arts
- Discipline: Theater Arts
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 6.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Offers practical experience in stage productions.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Use correct performance technique in the role in which they are cast.
- Discuss the work they are performing in relation to other works written during this time.
- Use basic theatrical terminology.
- Discuss character and plot development of the work studied.
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives in which the successful student will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate for their degree emphasis.
- Will be able to succeed at their transfer institutions.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
- Appreciate the significance of the fine arts and performing arts.
- Are able to develop their personal creative capabilities.
- Can recognize the unique role of the fine arts and humanities in the development of cultural values.
Scheduled THTR-209 classes:
There are currently no THTR-209 classes scheduled for this term.