Industrial Technology is the use of high-tech equipment and systems to make manufacturing production faster, simpler and more efficient. It involves automated systems, industrial networks, and electronic controls as well as practices to eliminate waste and redundancy. The industrial technology field employs creative and technically proficient individuals who can help manufacturing, logistics and distribution companies increase productivity and efficiency.
Manufacturing Technician 1 Credential
This fast and focused program offers a combination of in-class and online lesson and lab experiences to prepare you to enter an advanced manufacturing job, above entry-level:
- AIT 101 is online computer-based instruction with interactive multimedia modules of study and simulators instead of a textbook. Computer skills are enhanced through a broad look at technical fundamentals.
- AIT 155 is an in-person lab class where students work through printed workbooks that align with their studies in AIT 101 and then complete lab and practice exercises on our training equipment. This course requires on-campus attendance and participation to develop, practice, and demonstrate hands-on skills.
- AIT 200 is a projects class, where students will work on both computer-based and hands-on activities to prepare specifically for the Manufacturing Technician level 1 certification exams. The course includes instructor-led progression through printed workbooks and computer-based modules of study, in addition to hands-on lab exercises.
Earning an MT1 credential documents broad-based knowledge of the processes needed to troubleshoot and solve problems beyond the scope of what a typical machine operator can do with electrical, fluid power, and control systems. An MT1 from Western Nevada College has the skills expected in advanced manufacturing positions, including precision measurement, industrial process and machine troubleshooting, problem-solving, simple machine maintenance, and proficient use of computer and web-based tools.
The MT1 credential is endorsed by the National Association of Manufacturers.
Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification
Against the backdrop of Siemensâ€™ technical dominance in automation and the growing number of integrated mechatronic systems internationally, the demand for a qualified and competent workforce is increasing.
Along with specialized technical content embedded in college coursework, the Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program (SMSCP) focuses on providing a wide range of skills in troubleshooting and adaptive root cause analysis.
To guarantee a world-class technical skills standard, the Siemens Technik Akademie Berlin has partnered with Western Nevada College to offer this industrial certification training.
Courses in AIT:
- AIT-101: Fundamentals Of Applied Industrial Technology
- AIT-102: Measurement Tools and Methods
- AIT-103: Intro to Machine Tool Technologies
- AIT-121: Electrical Control Systems
- AIT-125: Industrial Robotics in the Manufacturing Industry
- AIT-155: Applied Industrial Technology Hands On Lab
- AIT-198: Special Topics in Applied Industrial Technology
- AIT-200: Applied Industrial Technology Projects
- AIT-201: Pneumatic Power Technologies
- AIT-250: Mechatronics: Electrical Components
- AIT-251: Mechatronics: Mechanical Components
- AIT-252: Mechatronics: Pneumatic & Hydraulic
- AIT-253: Mechatronics: Programmable Logic Controllers
- AIT-270: Mechatronics 2: Process Control Technologies
- AIT-271: Mechatronics 2: Intro to Totally Integrated Automation
- AIT-272: Mechatronics 2: Automation Systems
- AIT-273: Mechatronics 2: Motor Control
- AIT-274: Mechatronics 2: Mechanics and Machine Elements
- AIT-275: Mechatronics 2: Manufacturing Processes
- AIT-285: AIT Certification/Examination Prep
- AIT-290: Applied Industrial Technology Internship