The Construction Technology program prepares students for careers within the various construction industry disciplines. As construction technology students will possess a diversity of work experiences, skills and interests, the program accommodates a variety of study areas and competency levels to address student and industry needs.
The college offers both an associate degree and a new bachelor’s degree in the field.
The program offers instruction in several academic areas which are critical to preparing skilled employees.
Courses in CONS:
- CONS-108: Construction Materials and Methods I
- CONS-109: Construction Materials and Methods II
- CONS-111: Commercial Building Codes
- CONS-118: Construction Contract Documents
- CONS-120: Blueprint Reading and Specification
- CONS-121: Principles Of Construction Estimating
- CONS-198: Special Topics in Construction
- CONS-205: Construction Site Safety
- CONS-230: Electrical Distribution System
- CONS-260: Certified Inspectors of Structures-Residential
- CONS-261: Under-Floor Inspections-Certified Inspector
- CONS-262: Above-Floor Inspections for Certified Inspector
- CONS-263: Supervised Residential Inspections for Certification
- CONS-270: Construction Management
- CONS-275: Master Inspector Requirements
- CONS-281: Construction Planning Scheduling and Control
- CONS-290: Internship in Construction
- CONS-295: Work Experience I
- CONS-451: Advanced Internship in Construction