Nursing & Allied Health (NALH)
Nursing & Allied Health (NALH)
The Nursing and Allied Health Division at WNC offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Nursing and courses in Emergency Medical Services, Laboratory Technician (LTE), and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The mission of the division is to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and/or to provide them with the knowledge they need for their careers.
Please note that the process for enrolling in CNA, EMS and LTE classes may take up to four weeks to complete due to immunization and other requirements. Please begin the enrollment process early.
Students enrolled in the following courses/programs are required to carry major medical health insurance:
- Associate Degree Nursing Program: For more information about admission into the nursing program, visit the Nursing Program Degree page
- NURS 130 – Nursing Assistant: For more information about admission into the Certified Nursing Assistant program, visit the Certified Nursing Assistant page
- EMS 108 – Emergency Medical Technician
- EMS 115 – Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- LTE 101 – Fundamental Phlebotomy
- LTE 102 – Applied Phlebotomy
It is the responsibility of the student to maintain major medical insurance while enrolled in these courses/program. The student’s failure to maintain major medical health insurance while enrolled in these courses/program will result in the student’s administrative dismissal from the course/program. Immunizations must be kept up to date.
- Use the link for mystudentcheck.com and then choose the appropriate program service.
- Western Nevada College – CNA – Immunization Only
- Western Nevada College – EMS – Immunization and Background Check
- Western Nevada College – LTE – Immunization Only
- View the tutorial slide show for step by step instructions.
- Use the link for myclinicalexchange.com. Pertinent information starts at about the two-minute mark.
- Nevada / Western Nevada College > Fallon – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Nevada / Western Nevada College > Fallon – EMT
- See YouTube link for tutorial.
WNC does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; national origin; sex; disability; age; gender, including a pregnancy-related condition; gender identity or expression; sexual-orientation; protected veterans status; genetics; or religion in its programs and activities and provides equal access to facilities to all. Similarly, there shall be no difference in the treatment of persons who file charges of discrimination, participate in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise oppose discrimination. It is our policy to comply fully with the non-discrimination provision of all state and federal regulations in all programs and activities, including, but not limited to recruitment, admission, financial aid, activities, hiring, promotions, training, terminations, benefits and compensation. Inquiries concerning the application of non-discrimination policies and/or questions as to how to file a complaint of discrimination may be referred to the following individuals: Title IX Coordinator: (775) 445-3219; OR Dean of Student Services: (775) 445-3271; OR Assistant Director of Human Resources: (775) 445-4235; Western Nevada College, 2201 West College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89703. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481. (Rev. 05/19)